How to prepare a Sofa in Self-Storage facilities?
When putting your sofa into self-storage there are few things you need to do.
Give your sofa a little TLC before you store.
Clean and Prep for Short or Long-term Storage
First thing to do when preparing for the clean is to identify what material your sofa is:
- Leather: Dust and clean with soap and water. Should you find existing stains already on the piece, cleanse further with a mix of water and white vinegar.
- Cotton: Dust and clean with water and bleach-free detergent. Spot clean hard-to-tackle areas further with a mix of water and white vinegar.
- Linen: Find a cleanser that notes specific use for linens, and be sure to consult your couch’s care tag. This will give you your best chance at treating it right.
- Wool: Read the label attached to your couch for care instructions. Wool is commonly cleaned with water, solvent or a combination of the two.
- Silk: Be extra careful with this material, as it’s easy to leave unintentional marks. Test possible cleaning options on small areas to be sure desired results occur. Clean with a cold water and mild detergent solution, or consider consulting a professional.
After cleaning, ensure your sofa is completely dry before covering with a secure, yet breathable, furniture cover.
With all of our storage solutions whether it is domestic storage or for a business reason, we have the perfect solution for you. All of the information regarding sizes and pricing is on our website. If you need further assistance then please give us a call on 01623 441440 or give us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org